Perky Pike Place Market

I love Pike Place Market in Seattle! Every time I’ve been here, it always was with someone who was in a hurry to see and leave, whereas I wanted to linger and take everything in!

I got my chance when I went on a “pay what you want” walking tour of the market. Jake from Seattle’s Free Walking Tours took our cozy group on an hour long guided walk of Pike Place.

Starting our tour at 9:30 on a fall morning

I loved it! Jake was knowledgeable and funny. He pointed out nooks and crannies I had never noticed before.

Jake, our tour guide

Jake has a slight in with a few vendors, especially the fish-mongers. I checked an item off my bucket list when I got behind the counters and caught a fish at the Pike Place Fish Market! Well, I dropped it once, but did catch it eventually! In case I'm hard to find, watch out for the yellow scarf in the video below. :D



We also sampled some interesting flavors. Like fermented Pickle juice from Britt’s Pickles. Yumm and good for you! 



After the tour I loved Pike Place Market even more, especially when I found out that the vendors either make or grow their own goods! No middleman baby, your money goes straight to the artists and farmers. 


Growers selling beautiful flowers for cheap



Comments

Popular Posts