Kannur - land of weavers and beaches

I fell truly, madly and deeply in love with Kannur, Kerala. In all my travels in India, this was the first place that wasn’t touristy. The beaches weren’t crowded and neither were the streets.


Kannur is well know for it’s hand loom industry. I didn’t want to just buy the goods from a store, like any other tourist. I wanted to talk to the weavers and see them at work. The people at Lokanath Weavers were so sweet. They graciously gave me a tour and patiently answered all my questions.

a weaver at work

The one thing that irked me in Kannur was all the staring. I guess the locals aren’t used to tourists who look like this:


I have half a heart to tell you to visit Kannur. I want to keep its beaches and streets to myself for just a little while longer. :)

Comments

  1. It was our pleasure to welcome you at Asokam Beach Resort.
    www.ayurvedaresort.co.in

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts