Magnificent Maui

How many of you have heard of Hawaii? If you’re from Southeast Asia and an 80’s child like me, you probably were introduced to it by Sridevi in 'Mr.India', when she went “aviviviviviiii…hawa hawaaiiiii”. I can hear the song going off in your heads!

                                  

To tell you the truth, I envisioned myself singing this song on the beaches on Maui in my red flouncy skirt. But once I got there, I forgot to. But go ahead and imagine me doing this:

                                 

The 50th state of the United States is the only one made up entirely of islands – Kaui, Oahu, Molokai, Lanai, Maui & Hawaii Island, also called the Big Island.

I was properly introduced to Hawaii in April of this year. I like to travel slow and get into the nooks and crannies of a place. So K & I chose to spend our 6-day Hawaiian vacation completely on Maui. And lemme tell you sumthin,    every thing you’ve heard about Hawaii is    true. It IS Paradise on earth!

                                             

I’m going to chronologically break my trip down, so you can get a sniff of my Aloha adventures. But first, let's get some things out of the way.

Logistics:-

When: If you have a choice, go in the off season, outside of major holidays. You'll have less crowds to deal with, get better rates in hotels & weather will be nicer. I've heard that Maui is sticky and horrid during peak summer months.




Stay: To fully experience Maui, we chose to stay in three places - Maalaea, Hana & Kihei. This was our first time booking through Airbnb and we fosho we’ll be using it again. Our first ocean front condo in Maalaea was a three bedroom. K & I had a field day! We kept our luggage in one, slept in the second and napped in the third. It was so wonderful going to sleep with the sound of surf in my ears. :)

View from my napping couch

Getting around: Rent a car. Trust me. Just do it. 

Stay tuned for Day 1 in Maui. :) 


Comments

Popular Posts