A Bird Sanctuary-Ranganthittu

I’ve been going to Ranganthittu since childhood. Every time we went to Mysore we had to stop at Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary.



It wasn’t on my agenda this time, but my brother insisted that we go. So we did, at the end of a long day of driving and sight seeing and shooting.

I had forgotten how fun and exhilarating it was! I know it sounds weird. A boat ride to see birds should be a calm thing. And it was in a way. But the danger of a crocodile lurking in the Cauvery river adds a little bit of danger to the trip. :)

On the boat ride
There are three fees that you pay - an entrance fee, a fee for the boat ride, and you pay to take your camera on the boat. But if you’re like me, you’ll hide your camera in your bag and take it out once the boat leaves the shore. :D 


Comments

Popular Posts