A Drum Quest

Every Indian city has a shopping heart where you get quality things in whole- sale for cheap. Bangalore’s is the Chickpet area.

During my vacation I was in search of a leather hand held drum. The city was populated with them but they were made of plastic. Everyone I asked told me to go to Balepet in old Bangalore.

Balepet/Chickpet/Mamulpet are best gone with someone who knows the area. Luckily my BFF Smitha grew up there.

chilling with Smitha

As a kid, I hated going to chickpet. The place is crowded with people, cars, and animals. It was a scary place for a kid, and sometimes it can be one for adults as well. But now, I love this place! It’s like I can feel the pulse of the city in its narrow streets.

For all the chaos going on, no one’s impatient or short tempered with each other. That’s a pretty amazing thing to see!


Comments

Popular Posts