Hidden Steps

I did a video series for tripfilms.com on hidden San Francisco. Everyone and their great grand mother have been to the Golden Gate Bridge and Lombard street. But not many know of the Seward Street slides, the 16th Avenue Tiled Steps, and the Filbert Steps.

with my brother at the 16th Avenue Tiled Steps - San Francisco

That was the subject of the first video in my series – steps of San Francisco. The funny thing is, that at my first stop, Seward Street slides, I broke my ankle.The slides are cement and tall. The handful of people there were happily “wheee”ing down. When it was my turn, I went down so incredibly fast that I flew off the end of the slides and plopped hard onto the ground. My poor ankle took the worst of it. That was in March. Now it’s July and it’s still healing. 

my poor little ankle

But the show must go on, and I continued to film and hobble up and down the steps. If you notice in the video, I’m not hopping on the tiled steps but sitting all yogi like. Thankfully my brother was there to carry all my gear.


Comments

Popular Posts